Development Intern (Fundraising and Donor Relations)Senhoa Foundation –Artesia, CA, Flexible
Senhoa Foundation is seeking a self-motivated, hard-working and eager individual to serve as the development intern with a focus on fundraising and donor relations. As the organization is in growth mode, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to make a difference and be directly involved with critical projects as well as work closely with our dedicated board.
The Development Intern will be the backbone of the fundraising operations and a critical part of the fundraising team to enable methodical donor cultivation and achievement of fundraising goals, which advance our mission to combat human trafficking. Specifically, the Intern supports the Operations Director and the Senhoa Board by creating fundraising collateral as needed, donor outreach, maintaining donor records and producing data (reports, pipelines), preparing acknowledgement letters, and other fundraising operational duties.
- Serve as primary lead for gift and grant processing including data entry, pulling recurring gift and prospect reports, facilitating review/signature processes, and systematically archiving all files.
- In collaboration with the Board Fundraising Chair, drafting correspondence for custom and mass outreach, appeals and social media.
- Liaise with Board Finance Chair to provide relevant fundraising figures.
- Compile and produce monthly agendas and prospect tracking with sharp attention to detail.
- Identify and research potential donors, including corporations and individuals.
- Assist in creating materials needed for donor solicitation, including letters, electronic presentations, and informational packets.
- Manage and organize donor database with donor and prospect information.
- Provide donor or prospect information or reports as requested by the board.
- Assist with planning and execution of Senhoa fundraising events including fashion shows, gala, etc. to include finding sponsors, engaging donors and follow-up.
- Occasionally attend networking or Senhoa Jewelry events as needed.
- Research and identify new potential avenues for organizational funding.
- Assist in preparing project budgets and proposals.
- Stewardship — conduct regular communication with individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Interest in learning in or honing strategic fundraising skills and donor relations (fundraising and/or sales experience a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills with acute attention to detail.
- Interest in and ability in external relations, excellent customer service.
- Passion for making a social impact, particularly in human trafficking.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Highly organized and has the capacity to manage multiple projects.
- Flexible and openly seeks advice and best practices.
- Familiarity with Google Drive applications and/or Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Currently enrolled students with degrees in non-profit management, communications, social work, education or other related fields.
- Positively impact the life of vulnerable women and children in Cambodia susceptible to trafficking.
- Gain hands on experience in best practice fundraising and expand your knowledge of philanthropy.
- Contribute to the establishment of a solid fundraising platform for our growing organization, and have your ideas heard.
- Work closely with a talented and passionate board and build your own personal network.
- Obtain potential references for future career opportunities.
- Implement your own skills and ideas.
- Depending on your interests and skills, you will also have opportunities to participate in other aspects of nonprofit work such as project management, community engagement, event planning and marketing.
- Have fun and work with an energised and impassioned team!
- This highly competitive internship is 15-20 hours per week (flexible) and is unpaid.