Since 2010, Senhoa Foundation has established projects that address the prevention, rehabilitation and reintegration of survivors of human trafficking and those vulnerable to sexual exploitation. Our jewelry is individually handcrafted by vulnerable women, providing access to fair wages, health services and education. The brand’s passion is to create opportunities for survivor artisans to earn an income, share their stories and raise awareness against exploitation.
Senhoa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law.
Disadvantaged communities will be free from oppression, poverty and discrimination; have equal access to education and empowered to fulfill their goals, aspirations and reach their highest potential.
Every purchase provides vulnerable women at risk of exploitation, access to the global marketplace, empowering them to become financially independent, breaking the poverty cycle in their families and communities
At Senhoa, we are incredibly fortunate that all of our overhead costs are covered by corporate donations and private fundraising initiatives. Therefore, 100% of your donation goes directly towards field programs to serve those in need.
THE SITUATION IN CAMBODIA
The trafficking of people is a growing business in Cambodia. Individuals are regularly moved within Cambodia and through it to bordering nations like Thailand, Vietnam and Laos. According to the US State Department, "Cambodia is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children who are subjected to trafficking in person, specifically forced labor and forced prostitution".
Women and children are predominately trafficked for the purpose of forced labor, domestic work, and sex work. Individuals are usually sold or stolen by family members, friends, and strangers.
- Access to dignified and safe employment is one of the most powerful armors to protect women from human trafficking and exploitation.
- Providing at-risk women with access to vocational training and subsequent employment placement is one key solution to tackling sexual exploitation.
- Through partnerships, we combine our knowledge and experience to create holistic prevention, rehabilitation and advocacy programs that are culturally sensitive and respectful of service users.
OUR OWN HANDS
Senhoa Jewelry Social Enterprise is a social business in Cambodia that specializes in designing, manufacturing and retailing fashion accessories, both for the Our Own Hands (OOH) line, Senhoa and partner labels.Business Model – OOH empowers young women by offering:
- Provide young vulnerable women with access to safe and secure employment;
- Produce and retail high quality women’s accessories for the OOH line, the Senhoa brand and for other labels;
- Generate sufficient profits to remit back to community development programs;
- Provide comprehensive life skills curriculum and educational support.